Peace, Education AND Equality for ISRAELI-PALESTINIANS: Solution Discussion|
A representative from the Estee Chandler,
Jewish Voice for Peace-LA, and Chapter Director and Attorney Josef Avesar, co-founder
of Israeli-Palestinians for Confederation will be featured at our next meeting.
It will be on Thursday, March 21 at 6:30pm at Sisley Italian Restaurant,
24201 Valencia Blvd, Suite # 101, Valencia, CA 91355 Please RSVP at
Letter to Barbara Boxer regarding Cemex
DAA Letter supporting Kamala Harris stance on county OVOV
TO THE WINNER OF THE 2009 TRUMAN AWARD:
CONGRATULATIONS ON A JOB WELL DONE
WINNER FOR THE 2008 TRUMAN AWARD
To stimulate an active interest in governmental affairs, to increase
the efficiency of popular government, and to foster and perpetuate the
ideals and principles of the Democratic Party.
Regular Club Meetings:
The Club holds regular open meetings on the
2nd Thursday of every month starting at 7:00 pm. The location will vary from
month to month and will always be posted in advance.
The purpose of this Club includes:
In addition to participating in State and National campaigns, our Club
President has set forth three primary goals upon which to focus:
- To support and elect candidates at the local, state, and federal levels
of government who will advocate the values of the Democratic Party.
- To contribute to the growth and influence of the Democratic Party
by educating and registering voters, developing leadership, contributing
to the development of the Party Platform and in other ways as supported
by the Club membership.
- To enhance the visibility and promote a positive image of Democrats
in the Santa Clarita Valley through community involvement and sponsorship
- To fundraise for organizational activities and for support of candidates
and issues as approved by the Club membership.
- To create opportunities for discussion and advocacy on issues of importance,
including, but not limited to: business, civil liberties, economy, education,
environment, foreign policy, health care, the justice system, and social
Membership and Dues:
- Identifying, supporting, and helping elect qualified local candidates
for positions to include:
- Local School Boards
- Local Water Boards
- Santa Clarita City Council
- State Assembly, State District 38
- State Senate, District 17
- Drafting, proposing, and organizing support for the passage of State
and Local legislation and measures that benefits and improves our quality
of life, personal safety, and promotes equality to include:
- Appropriate Santa Clarita Open Space and environmental initiatives
Appropriate development and annexation of lands into the City of Santa
- Transparency in government expenditures and land transfers
- Promotion of racial, religious, and ethnic tolerance and understanding
- Adaptation of sentencing and treatment policies pertaining to habitual
- Adaptation of sentencing and treatment policies pertaining to sexual predators
- Encouraging and promoting expanded and open dialogue among members
of the community, with local government, sister Democratic Clubs and organizations,
and persons and groups representing various viewpoints.
Membership shall be open to any person regardless of race, color, creed,
national origin, sex, age, religion, ethnic identity, sexual orientation
or economic station, provided they are at least fourteen years of age,
meet dues requirements and are:
• Registered as a Democrat in Los Angeles County; or,
• A person devoted to the principles of the Democratic Party
• A person ineligible to register as a voter because of inability to
meet registration requirements whereas the person certifies his or her
intention to register as a Democrat upon becoming eligible.
• Only registered Democrats may hold elective office in the Club.
Elected Officers for the 2011-2012 Term
Minerva L. Williams
Income Tax Accountant